Home Decor, Gifts and More

Decor tips, trends, and charming treasures for home and garden, gift ideas and much more!

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Country French Side Tables

Okay...I admit again...I forgot to take the before pictures...sorry!

I picked up these 2 side tables with leather tops.  I love the curve of the legs and the fact that they have a drawer and they were good sturdy wood.  However, they had leather tops....really dated leather tops, that were scarred and coming up on the corners.  At first I thought I could salvage them but soon realized I couldn't.

So...once again I searched the internet for a little inspiration.  Voila!  Reloved Rubbish had the answer.


This is the table that inspired the end result of mine...



I painted the tops with a custom mixed graphite color chalk paint.




...and roughed up the edges a bit




The body of tables were painted with a creamy white chalk paint and roughed up a bit, as well.




I finished both pieces off with the usual 3 coats of paste wax...clear, dark, then clear again.




The original lack-lustre hardware was replaced with something a little more up-to-date.  The grey of the new handles plays on the grey in the tops.





I absolutely love the way these tables turned out and if I had room in my house...they would've stayed with me!



The drawers were crummy on the bottom so I decoupaged them with this fabulous paper.





They're going to look great next to someone's sofa or bed.




Next project in the works...stay tuned...hey!  look at that...a before picture...ta-da!


I'll keep you posted!

~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment