Home Decor, Gifts and More

Decor tips, trends, and charming treasures for home and garden, gift ideas and much more!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Say Goodbye to all that is good and delicious...

Today starts 8 weeks of all that is supposed to be healthy and nutritious, but come on...let's face it...I know it means 8 weeks of craving everything I'm supposed to avoid and rarely ever think of, but because I CAN'T HAVE IT...IT'S ALL I WILL THINK ABOUT!


It's called the Whole Life Challenge and in a nutshell, it's challenging yourself to eat healthier and get moving...for 8 weeks...which will hopefully change your eating habits forever.  My entire family has jumped on board, so do I have a choice?  Not unless they've decided to do all the grocery shopping and cooking!  I'm going to try my best, but I can assure you, I won't be as strict as they are, I mean after-all, I gotta have my dairy!  I pretty much eat Zone everyday, but I like to cheat on the weekends, so I'm going to try to stick with my Zone and NOT cheat for the Challenge.  So 20 lbs...in 8 weeks...that's the goal.



It all started here...in Upland...just steps from the old store.  My son's friend and his wife opened a gym (then he became our Pastor, but that's another story).  My entire family is addicted to this little sweat box. Crossfit Kinnick Website


This is where the magic happens.  No machines, no fancy gimmicks...just good old free weights and cardio...and did I mention sweat?  Yeah...you sweat.


So..Day 1...Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with veggies, a small bunch of grapes, and a cup of coffee.  Mainly because that's all that was left in my fridge!  The veggies were leftover from the other night's dinner and eggs were the only protein source I could find!

I'm working the store today because it's Wine Walk...on the first day of the diet...wine walk...wine...and delicious food...prepared by Chef Alain...today...ugh.  Since I'll be at the store so late today, shopping and prepping for the week will happen tomorrow.  I'll keep you posted!

Wish me luck,
~M


No comments:

Post a Comment