Home Decor, Gifts and More

Decor tips, trends, and charming treasures for home and garden, gift ideas and much more!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Meet Grace

So, as many of you know, we've added a little section of fun fashion accessories aimed mainly for the college girls, purchased and displayed by our own little Miss Sarah (check out Sarah's blog).  I've been wanting to find some funky display pieces for her to use in her little corner.  Thanks to our friend and neighbor Donna of The Grove Vintage for this great idea.  I had a blast making her so I thought I'd share!


I found this torso mannequin at a local second hand store.  I think she'll be great for Sarah's scarves, jewelry and whatever else she wants to put on her, but she's ugly!


Gotta love Target's back to school sales - White glue for 25 cents! and a couple foam brushes...


Thanks again to Donna for scoring a 1930's hymnal from a church rummage sale for me!  So I cut up the pages in random squares...(can you guess yet what I'm gonna do?)


...and started gluing!  (If you said decoupage, you'd be correct!)


...and gluing...and gluing...phew!...all the way around.


The curves were a little tricky to get completely flat, but small pieces help.


I finished with a final coat of glue to seal it all.


So this is Grace.  I really love the way she turned out...


...so much that I'm making her a friend.  Hmmm...she's gonna need a name!

Get your preschool creativeness going, play with some glue and start decoupaging!  Next thing you know I'll be making tissue paper twisties! jk

Have a great one,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment